So now. Let’s talk about the 2013 knitting list a bit, if you don’t mind.
I already mentioned Kaya’s vest. That was my priority and it’s finally done. (Notes here)
The chunky jumper for the husband won’t be done before this winter is over, so he’s given permission to let it wait until the next one. Apparently I am simultaneously agreeing to being teased about it though: “..but my jumper that you started three years ago..”!
Same as my mum’s Christmas present that I didn’t finish. That can be picked up again closer to the end of this year. (I’m not getting teased about that one. Yet.)
But more excitingly, there are new things to start. This year I have a ridiculous number of knits for myself on the list (considering that I made all of five for myself. Ever.) Also Kaya is not very keen on his Mama’s handknits these days. I hope it’s a phase.. at least Batu is too little to object still.
- Before spring arrives, I want to make a Wombat. For myself. My sister and my mum both got one for Christmas, and I have the yarn for mine waiting since.
- The baby needs a new cardigan or jumper. He is growing so fast, what can I do! I am undecided between this one (interesting construction, a new technique to learn, but will I be able to wrap my brain around it?) or this (cute with a cable challenge – cables are not my friend)
- The baby also needs some gloves. I can’t hide his chubby little hands in the sleeves of his coat forever! I made one of these, but it was too small – should be easy enough to upsize a little bit.
- I love my shalom so much, I’d really like to make one more for myself. It was such a fabulous quick knit. I’m thinking dark grey.
- Also: A poncho! Not strictly needed but looks great, no? I know exactly which colour yarn I would pick if I did decide to make one.
- Maybe a Low Tide Cardigan would be more appropriate though, seeing that it’ll probably be spring by the time all those wintery projects are finished?
- And just to throw a bit of crochet into the mix: Some of the yarn for this blanket has been sitting on my shelf since forever!
- For the boys for Christmas 2013 (did I just write that?) I quite fancy these kindergarten kits. If I knit Kaya’s in bright red he might even deign to wear it.. unless he changes his favourite colour. And I’m not sure yet what colour for the baby yet, seeing that his eyes are still babybluegrey. No need to cast on right now..
- I am also considering frogging my Mama Vertebrae (gasp). I never frogged anything that was quite so finished. The thing is, it was a little on the big side, and that was when I was very pregnant indeed. Now that I’m slowly shrinking back to normal, it’s getting bigger and bigger… I’m just not sure I’ll really wear it. Maybe it could get a second life as a Bracken?
- And after my recent lace shawl success I am quite tempted to brave another one. There are too many beautiful patterns on ravelry. One day..
Now. Where to start?