I shall not complain about any work that is given to me, but…. sewing curtains is not the most exciting thing to do! If at least there was a fair amount of sewing involved. But all it is, really, is measuring and pinning and ironing and measuring again and ironing some more. I don’t like ironing, not even my own things.
But – it is all done, and eight pairs of curtains are washed, pinned, ironed, sewn, altered, shortened and hemmed, and ready to go back to their own home again.
That is one big tick off my list.
During a mild crisis last night (there was just this one curtain, and every time I measured I got a different length. Ugh), I squeezed in a tiny bit of therapeutic, and incredibly more satisfying sewing.
Back in May I made this jacket for Kaya. I’d already made the pattern longer to fit him, but less than three months down the line it was too short again.
I just can’t keep up with the rate at which this little guy is shooting up!
So I added another 1.5 inches to the jacket, which will hopefully get us through to colder weather. Which will probably start tomorrow, ha!
But never mind. I had saved all the leftover fabric from this project, and had more than enough. I added the length around the bottom in the same way as the button placket is added in the pattern, which worked a treat.
And the young man is happy to have a few extra elephants around.