First we collected some autumn leaves. Those are just from the garden; we probably could have gotten more fancy ones in the park, but we liked it simple that day.
We painted the leaves with fabric paint in brown..
Some of the prints turned out better than others, but with masses of them there were more than enough lovely leaf prints for a little bit of autumn bunting.
I used pinking shears to cut out some leaf prints to roughly the same size.
I folded some bias tape in half, ironed it, and sewed a straight line down it, with the bunting pieces sandwiched in between.
I could have saved myself a lot of fiddling by pinning the whole thing together first too.